1. Default From Florida to New York with the kids!!

My husband and I are going to be embarking on our first road trip in July. We are leaving from orlando, FL and going to Long Island, NY. I'm loking for some suggestions on the best, most scenic way to travel. Also any suggestions for lodging we are toying with the idea of camping along the way, or at least trying to stay in smaller more charming hotels.

Also up for any and all suggestions to entertain the kids in the car. My children are almost 6 and 3 years old.

Default Family RoadTrips

Quote Originally Posted by kajjbrock
    My husband and I are going to be embarking on our first road trip in July.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Family road trips are fantastic opportunities for discovery and relationship strengthening.
    We are leaving from orlando, FL and going to Long Island, NY. I'm loking for some suggestions on the best, most scenic way to travel.
    How long do you anticipate being on the trip? Even though I-95 is much maligned, there are some really amazing places to discover along the way. I suggest you look at this book for some of those kid-friendly places.
    Also up for any and all suggestions to entertain the kids in the car. My children are almost 6 and 3 years old.
    As you might guess, this is a frequent topic of discussion on this Forum. Here is a recent thread and another one that you might find helpful. Be sure to use our Search function for more ideas. Also, we try and list those threads that are similar to the ones being discussed, these similar threads are found at the bottom of each page of the Forum.

Happy Planning!

Mark