Charlie McCormick Guest

Default New York - Florida

Hi,

Thinking of staying in Manhattan for one week and on Captiva, Florida for another week - with a one week road trip in between. Two adults from UK with two kids (11 and 16). At the moment, we're looking at a night in Washington DC, then down to the Smokies, possibly then to Charleston or Savannah and then into Florida. Any ideas or comments?

Abigail Guest

Default Chattanooga

If you find yourselves near Chattanooga, TN, I recommend stopping by Lookout Mtn. and Ruby Falls. There you will find Rock City, strange and kitschy and lovely---with a relaxing walking tour of an extensive garden created around natural rock outcroppings. There's a spot where you can see seven states (Lookout Mtn. is known for this) and some odd little gnome statues... The gift shop has loads of tacky knick-knacks.

chuck d. Guest

Default captiva

hello there. I live in florida and I haven't heard anything solid lately but last I heard sanibel and captiva islands were completely destroyed by hurricane charley. You may want to do a lot of research before hand b/c the devastation was just tremendous. I was just down in ft myers last week and it's still quite obvious that a cat 5 hurricane came through the area. There may be some resorts open for business I just don't know for sure. I've heard that the hurricane sliced one island in half forming a new island, could be speculation don't know. an alternative could be the barrier islands near sarasota(long boat key, ana maria island etc) very nice as well. so long.