1. Default from NC to California

Hi,

This might seem kinda of last minute, but I just found out about this site (so hopefully, I'm posting in the correct spot as well). :)

I was just wondering if anyone was planning or would like to take a little roadtrip to California at the end of this month (around May 22/23rd or so)-- to possibly help share gas and/or hotel. I'm from Raleigh, NC (22 year old female)-- heading over to Los Angeles for a job opportunity. I'll be glad to provide more info about myself if you are interested.

Also, if anyone has any tips/advice/suggestions/tidbits... I'll be glad to take heed as this is my first roadtrip experience across country. Thanks.

...a little sad that I don't have real time to sight-see and do an all-out roadtrip adventure...

zp

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Speed runs & scenic roads

Hi zptrip and welcome to the RTA Forum!

I was just wondering if anyone was planning or would like to take a little roadtrip to California at the end of this month (around May 22/23rd or so)-- to possibly help share gas and/or hotel. I'm from Raleigh, NC (22 year old female)-- heading over to Los Angeles for a job opportunity. I'll be glad to provide more info about myself if you are interested.

Also, if anyone has any tips/advice/suggestions/tidbits... I'll be glad to take heed as this is my first roadtrip experience across country. Thanks.
    I wish you find the right person to complete this trip. However, if you can't find anyone, solo road tripping can be one of the most pleasant experience in life to my humble opinion, even as a young woman. Check out this thread if you have any concerns regarding safety issues.

...a little sad that I don't have real time to sight-see and do an all-out roadtrip adventure...
    I believe you can always manage to do a little sight seeing even if you spend most of your time in the car. For instance, you can pick scenic routes like I-70 through eastern Utah, the loneliest road in America (US 50) through Nevada, drive through Death Valley, etc. Since you mentionned you didn't have much time to do this trip, you should take a look at this excellent article about speed runs.

Good luck!
    Gen