Will be driving from Vegas to Yosemite may 29th 2013. Debating on:
1. Going the eastern route and driving through Death valley on up to yosemite ( may stop once in a while but not planning on doing any hiking in Death valley, more of a drive through). Would drive up 395.
2. California route to Bakersfield on up what way. ( route 15 to 58)
3. Am leaning the Death Valley route. Concernes:
1. Are there ample gas stations going that way on 395?
1a Is 395 desolate? How few and far between are the towns? Any cheap hotels?
2. I am more of a scenic nature kind of guy--which route would be best with that in mind?
Any input would be great !!