We are planning an 8 day road trip in mid August, around the east coast, starting from and returning to Baltimore MD, along these four legs:
1. Baltimore - Burlington, VT (spend 2 nights in VT)
2. Burlington, VT - Acadia National Park, ME (spend 3-4 nights)
3. Acadia - Cape Cod shoreline (spend 1-2 nights)
4. Cape Cod - Baltimore, back home.
The tentative plan is to take the google map path here:
I would like some suggestions on the following:
1. We plan to drive during the day time and cover each leg in one day (8-12 hrs). I would like to know about alternate routes and attractions along the routes (that can be seen in 1-2 hours). We like nature stuff, hiking, parks and wildlife. Not keen on big cities or historic sites.
2. Suggestions on how to spend time in Acadia National Park. We will not be camping, so ideas on where to stay nearby would be nice.
3. While at Acadia, we would also like to do some whale watching. How much time would it take? Any recommendation on which tour to take?
General suggestions on good eats and types of local food and produce along the way are also welcome. Thanks for looking!