1. Default Help! New to traveling and need suggestions for an East Coast road trip!

My friend and I are planning a road trip and need some suggestions for sights to see along the East Coast. We are taking the first couple days to drive the (mostly) straight shot from North Central FL to Niagara Falls and then spend the rest of the trip driving back down the East Coast. What are some great sights (common and uncommon) to see along the way? We definitely want to stop in Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., and maybe even NYC (if at all possible). We have a maximum of ten days to utilize.

Tucson, AZ

Default Coastal Route

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Sounds like you're going to be pretty much hugging the coast on the way south and hitting mostly the large cities or New England and the Middle Atlantic. Between Niagara and Boston, check out these sites. From Washington, I'd slow the pace down a bit and head for Annapolis, a charming city in its own right, and then across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to the Eastern Shore/Delmarva Peninsula. After that you can follow the 'coastal route' described in this post. Ten days should give you plenty of time to enjoy the trip home.