Thread: NJ to Tennessee

chromebrain Guest

Default NJ to Tennessee

Hi everyone! Stumbled on this site while trying to do some research on road trip planning, and so far it seems the most helpful of the sites I've seen.

My husband and I are planning a trip late December to early January (10 days or so) from NJ to Tennessee. Any suggestions as to what to do or see on the way there? We're planning to see the Luray Caverns in VA, but would like to hit at least a few more spots either on the way to TN or on the return drive. Need to keep it interesting for our 16-yr old. :)

Has anyone done a similar run in that area in winter? How's the weather like for driving?

Thanks!

CB

Default Great time for a road trip

Quote Originally Posted by chromebrain
    Hi everyone! Stumbled on this site while trying to do some research on road trip planning, and so far it seems the most helpful of the sites I've seen.
    Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear that it has been helpful.
    My husband and I are planning a trip late December to early January (10 days or so) from NJ to Tennessee. Any suggestions as to what to do or see on the way there? We're planning to see the Luray Caverns in VA, but would like to hit at least a few more spots either on the way to TN or on the return drive. Need to keep it interesting for our 16-yr old. :)
    Looks like you will traveling down the east side of the Appalachian Mts on the way south -- have you considered going on the west side on the way home (through Kentucky)? If so, you would drive through the Amish farm communities and also go to Hershey, Pennsylvania (stand at the corner of E. Chocolate Avenue and Cocoa Avenue).
    Has anyone done a similar run in that area in winter? How's the weather like for driving?
    Good chance for ice...

Mark