Default Looking again for Kentucky info

Hey, all!

Well, I've had this on-again off-again vacation scheduled for August since last December. Fortunately, I'll be able to take it. It's the week before my birthday, a gift to myself. I have some things going on then that I need to not think about for a week (given the opportunity, I'd rather not ever have to think about them!). To the travelwagon I go, my mobile office for a week!

So, anyway, I'm planning on taking in a couple of plant tours in KY, one at Bowling Green Assembly (Corvette), and one at TMMK (Toyota, Georgetown, KY). These are for my own education, though I hope to implement some of the best ideas at my current employer. But, this trip is more about the roads than anything. There will be about 15 hours drive time, one-way. The road home will be at a much slower pace. I do not plan on doing the whole 15 hours in one stretch, but that may happen.

I'm planning 3 hours on- 1 off, 4 - 2, 3 - stop, then 2-2,2-2,1-stop, getting sleep during those times off. Take out the "then" and that would be the one-stretch option.

Of course, using prudence in the event I don't feel safe continuing, I will rest longer or set up camp for the day/night. I haven't done a long solo trip in a year.

I'm looking for some good road info in southern OH (anything South of I-70). I know of a few in KY that I want to explore (US-68 is one of them).

And, the continuation of my long-standing search for something good to eat in KY remains an open request to all members of this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Default Lynn's Paradise Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by TimboTA
    And, the continuation of my long-standing search for something good to eat in KY remains an open request to all members of this forum.
    Whenever we find our path wending to Louisville we head for Lynn's.

Mark

That looks like a place I'll have to check out!

I called TMMK Friday, and they're retooling until March, so only virtual tours are available. Hmmm....

Well, that will give me more time to explore something else!