1. Default North Carolina to Seattle, Washington

Hi - I am relocating from Raleigh, NC to Seattle, Washington in July and I am looking for a site that can recommend a good route that won't take 2 weeks to complete. I'd like to do some stopping along the way, however, I have a dog that I will be bringing with me so long pit stops are probably out of the question.
    Does anyone know of a "mapping" service of some sort that I could use that would suggest neat places to stop along the way? I haven't been able to find anything outside of Mapquest that works.
    Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!!

Default Software is better, imho

Have you tried the MSN mapping program? To be honest, I think the software options are a lot better. They usually have decent rebates, too. I use MS Streets & Trips but there are other programs. You can read about some of them here.

To be honest, I think working with good paper maps that show lots of national parks and other things of interest, then plugging those locations into the software to see what route it comes up with is the easiest way to come up with good routes that take you to what you want to see. You're doing it kinda the opposite. Just my 2 bits on this.

Via the quickest route per MS S&Ts, it is 2900 miles. Figure about 52 hours to drive it not including stops along the way.

As for the dog....gosh, when I'm driving with my dog, that's just when long pit stops become the most important. Dogs need their exercise. And, when you're sitting a lot, exercise is critical for you, too.

3. Default

How did the trip work out for you? I'm on military orders to drive from greenville, nc to tacoma, wa. I've got from 28May to 4JUNE to complete the trip. Any pointers? I think i'm stopping in NC, St louis, lincoln, NE, somewhere in WY, then nampa, ID, then wenatchee, wa.

Default inactive

Sorry to tell you, the original poster hasn't been active on this forum since 2006, so its unlikely you'll get a response.

Tony J Case, Super Genius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ECU LT View Post
    How did the trip work out for you? I'm on military orders to drive from greenville, nc to tacoma, wa. I've got from 28May to 4JUNE to complete the trip. Any pointers? I think i'm stopping in NC, St louis, lincoln, NE, somewhere in WY, then nampa, ID, then wenatchee, wa.
    Geeze - not a lot of time for planning!

Anyway, Wenatchee is quite the jump northwards from Nampa - certanly scenic, but not very direct. If it were me, I might take something like U.S. 14 and connecting roads up through Mt Hood, and perhaps down the Columbia River, past Maryhill and then up to Tacoma via Mt. Rainier.

Just a random thought.