1. Default The Ultimate Road Trip - Entire Usa

Hi There,

I am new to this site and am here because i need to start planning a 4 week road trip of the usa.

So far i know that i am starting in miami and plan to head to the golden triangle!! what can i do and where can i stop in between? I will give a week to this part.

I will take a week to do Vegas, La and SF then i want to go to colorado to ski. after that i want to head to new york but really need to know which route to take and what to see along the way. Then down to washington.

Its a huge trip i know - i could really use lots of advice and especially 'must see places and routes to take.

Hope you can help.

thanks

Jamosb23

Default When is this adventure planned for?

Quote Originally Posted by jamosb23
    So far i know that i am starting in miami and plan to head to the golden triangle!! what can i do and where can i stop in between? I will give a week to this part.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Which Golden Triangle is this? Also when is the trip planned for, because I don't know of any place in Colorado that you can ski in the summer months?
    I will take a week to do Vegas, La and SF then i want to go to colorado to ski. after that i want to head to new york but really need to know which route to take and what to see along the way. Then down to washington
    . Four weeks might be pushing the envelope a little and the zig-zagging is going to be real expensive -- do you have an unlimited budget for this caper?

Posts about Las Vegas, San Francisco and LA and routes between them are numerous on this Forum -- about 500 such posts in the search. Start clicking and enjoy!

Mark

3. Default September

hi there the trip is due to start in september.

Default Still too early for skiing in Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by jamosb23
    hi there the trip is due to start in september.
    Well, then it is still too early in the Fall to hope for any snow skiiing in Colorado. While there is nearly always some snowfall in October, it is rare for ski resorts to open much before Thanksgiving. Now, if you are an expert telemark skier, you can always find someplace to ski in the Rockies -- with year-round snow persisting in the upper elevations -- but that is pretty specialized.

Mark

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Too early

Jamosb23,

First here's a post with tons of suggestions regarding LA, SF and LV and another one about what to see between FL and AZ. Another destination you might want to check out for skiing is Lake Tahoe, but like Colorado, I don't they'll have enough snow in September. Maybe you should postpone your trip a little or visit LA, SF and LV in one trip and go back to Colorado later in the fall or winter to ski??

Gen
    Last edited by Quebec Gen; 04-30-2006 at 03:40 PM.