1. Default Roy Rodgers/Dale Evans Museum

I miss the Museum at Victorville. I guess that the building is gone also? We couldn't find it. But I did see that there is still a salvage yard at Barstow. It used to have a LOT of military vehicles in it. We were pressed for time on this leg and didn't drive past it this time. I would love to wander thru it and just drool at all the possibilities!
    And people say that it is boring to drive this section of road. Don't they have any curiosity?

Default Roy is in Branson, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller
    I miss the Museum at Victorville. I guess that the building is gone also?
    Yes, the family trust figured that it was a better match for the audience in Branson, Missouri. The property was sold and is being redeveloped.
    But I did see that there is still a salvage yard at Barstow. It used to have a LOT of military vehicles in it. We were pressed for time on this leg and didn't drive past it this time. I would love to wander thru it and just drool at all the possibilities!
    Are you speaking of the lot at A-1 Towing? Greg Parker recently passed away, but I was there for his send-off...
    And people say that it is boring to drive this section of road. Don't they have any curiosity?
    I think you are going to love Road to Vegas, when it is published. There is so much cool stuff out there!

3. Default

And I didn't take the time to drive by the salvage yard! Oh well, as time goes by, I realize that there is truth to the old saying that "nothing stays the same"!
    I will be waiting to read your story.

4. Default

I just looked at the map you linked and the salvage yard I was thinking of was on the north side of 58 near the bend north before 58 turns west. You can see it, and most of Barstow, from 15.

Default For instance...

And I didn't take the time to drive by the salvage yard! Oh well, as time goes by, I realize that there is truth to the old saying that "nothing stays the same"! I will be waiting to read your story.
    Motorists who zoom by Harvard Road (off I-15) on the eastern edge of the Mojave Valley (east of Barstow about 10 miles) might be amazed to learn that the desert-looking scrub directly to the south is home to five of the most famous world-championship waterskiing parks, one of the largest commercial farms of koi, an large nudist camp and home to the Pistachio Capital of the high desert.

Mark

Default I will go and check it out

I just looked at the map you linked and the salvage yard I was thinking of was on the north side of 58 near the bend north before 58 turns west. You can see it, and most of Barstow, from 15.
    I am going to be in Barstow on the 15th of this month, more research for the book, and I will go by and check it out.

Mark