dojoben Guest

Default Any fun on I - 10 from Louisianna to Florida?

My husband and I are driving from Oklahoma to NW Florida to attend a wedding. Our mostly grown kids have just let us know that they don't want to come with us. While I was faking dissapointment at the news, I was thinking about how fun it will be for just the 2 of us to mosey along the coast. We have 3 1/2 days to make the approximately 20 hour trip. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Default

Get off the interstate and drive along the coast! The beach sand turns a lighter white as you drive from Mississippi to Florida.

Utahtea

Default Methinks a little too gleeful?

Quote Originally Posted by dojoben
    My husband and I are driving from Oklahoma to NW Florida to attend a wedding. Our mostly grown kids have just let us know that they don't want to come with us. While I was faking dissapointment at the news, I was thinking about how fun it will be for just the 2 of us to mosey along the coast. We have 3 1/2 days to make the approximately 20 hour trip. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    And you are missing out on yet another FAMILY roadtrip? Tsk Tsk. OK -- great time allowance for this trip -- so many cool things to do on the possible routes. One question: how far east are you going (NW Florida)?

One of the first things I would consider would be to "take the treatment" at Hot Springs NP in Hot Springs, Arkansas. You have never experienced bathing (fully) until you have been bathed by a professional.

Then I would pick up US-61 and alternate it with the River Road and follow it all the way to New Orleans before heading east on US-90. Unfortunately, I have always been in too much of hurry when crossing over the southern end of Mississippi and Alabama to really see what there is to find -- so I guess we will have to rely on your field report of what you find...
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 06-21-2005 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typos