1. Default LA to San Fran via Las Vegas

Hi we are an Aussie family travelling to US in early September and plan to arrive in LA do a few days at Disney then head off by car to Las Vegas and maybe charter a scenic flight of the Grand Canyon then travel onto San Fran. Is there any trips or sights that we should pick up along the way, and what would be the best roads etc. We have two weeks but would also like to drive back to LA from San Fran?

Can someone please help me plan my holiday.

Cheers
    Jo

Default This is a popular trip idea!

If you look at the bottom of this page, you will see some links to similar trips with ideas you can use. I'm not an expert in this area but I'm sure some of the local experts will pop in with specifics.

You can drive from LA to Las Vegas in about 5-6 hours straight through. Definitely see the Grand Canyon while in the Vegas area if you have the time to spare. It's about 7-8 hour drive to Grand Canyon, spend the night and explore, and drive back to Vegas the next day.

Places to see in-between California and Vegas might include Death Valley National Park, Yosemite National Park, Mojave National Preserve, and more.

I wish I could help with specifics better. You might do a search on "Death Valley", "Yosemite" for more specific tips on those areas and how to get there in-between California and Vegas.