1. Default Mapping tool for RTA Users...

Great forum here!

I noticed that when users are posting routes, places, and the like, there isn’t a way for someone to get a detail view of what their talking about. Let’s say someone posts a mile marker but you want to know the exact (+/-) locations on a map or tool of where they are indicating. How about “Is this the best route?” and they go about typing up I-5 to I-15 to I-40 to R-66 etc.. Wouldn’t it make it much more sense to use a tool such as Google Earth or MapQuest and attach/link the routes, mile markers or locations to the forum? I personally like the way you can set a point in Google Earth and email or save the point to a KML file and anyone can download it and reference the exact location. And it's free. The Keyhole Community Forum uses this for all of their discussions, granted that’s the purpose of the forum. Anyway, I thought it would be a good suggestion for users on this forum.

s-one

Default In development

Quote Originally Posted by s-one
    I noticed that when users are posting routes, places, and the like, there isn’t a way for someone to get a detail view of what their talking about. Let’s say someone posts a mile marker but you want to know the exact (+/-) locations on a map or tool of where they are indicating. How about “Is this the best route?” and they go about typing up I-5 to I-15 to I-40 to R-66 etc..
    Thanks for the suggestion. We have been in development for nearly two years on such a tool. Had some serious development snags, but now looking like a real possibility later in the year.

Mark

3. Default

Hi Mark,

That is excellent news and glad to hear its on its way. Awesome forum you have here.

Thanks