clamen1 Guest

Default Canacks planning road trip Sante Fe to Vegas

Just joined; happy to be here. We're planning a road trip this summer early July from Sante Fe to Vegas and plan stops in Albuquerque, Sedona, Grand Canyon ending in Vegas. Any must'sees or must'do's that anyone can recommend? Any suggestions as to how much time in each locale or suggested B&B's would be greatly appreciated. We love to eat good food, do lots of walking and absorb the beautiful surroundings.

2. Default

Hey- sounds like a great trip. I'll be around that way in August :)

I've been round AZ a couple of times, and I'd definately recommend staying in Williams if you like the idea of staying right next to original Route 66. It's within driving distance of the canyon too, so it makes a good base for a couple of nights.

I'd also recommend heading to Casa Grande if you want to go south a bit. It seems not to get mentioned here much, but it's worth seeing.

Good luck with the trip!

Lunja.

Default Taos and area

Quote Originally Posted by clamen1
    Just joined;happy to be here.
    We are glad you are here too and Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    We're planning a road trip this summer early July from Sante Fe to Vegas and plan stops in Albuquerque, Sedona, Grand Canyon ending in Vegas
    . July in Las Vegas tends to be a little warm and so daytime walks can be more challenging than other places, but here are some of our favorite things about living in this boomtown. Santa Fe has great shops and fun places to walk around, but my favorite town in that area would be Taos and the area around Eagle's Nest.

Mark