Default Leaving Feb 29 from Chicago to Southern Cali

Hey there,

I'm a 23 year old female relocating, driving in my Volkwagen Jetta. Looking for someone to accompany me to help split the 30 hour driving time. Asking for $80 if you're going to Cali too. If you're stopping somewhere along the way we can negotiate. Let me know if you're interested.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 02-12-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Moved thread. Removed contact number. It's best to use messaging system for contact and not personal details.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Re calculate.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

You need to be aware that this trip is much more than 30 hours. A trip of this magnitude needs to be measured in days, not hours. At more than 2000 miles you are looking at a four day trip of around 10 hours on the road - depending on the how much experience you both have at long distance driving, and where in CA you are heading.. That would include a couple of short stops to stretch your legs.

Computers are the only ones who can do this trip in 30 hours. They do not need to fill up with fuel, eat or go to the bathroom. Neither do they ever see a red light, construction along the way, or, traffic congestion.

Plan this trip like a marathon with each day about equal distances. Don't be tempted to go all out on the first day. It will both ruiin your trip, and make it an unsafe way to travel.

Good luck with finding a travel mate.