1. Default Minneapolis to Los Angeles Leaving on Feb 29th 2008 ADVICE

Hello Everyone,

I have always gone on this site when driving across the country but this new trip is going to be in 3 weeks and with the weather we have been having i thought i would ask all of you the best tips to drive from Eden Praire MN (a suberb outside of Minneapolis) to Los Angeles (Thousand Oaks). When i drove out there the first time we took the 15 to 70 to 55, went that way. However, now we have experienced some crazy weather and i am driving a 2004 2wd Tahoe. Anyway, should we take the souithern route through texas new mexico and so on or take the same way back?

Thanks for everyones help.

JB

Default Easy decision for me....

Quote Originally Posted by kleklee View Post
    ...this new trip is going to be in 3 weeks and with the weather we have been having i thought i would ask all of you the best tips to drive from Eden Praire MN (a suberb outside of Minneapolis) to Los Angeles (Thousand Oaks).
    In times of "crazy weather" the shortest route is nearly always the best one. I would still recommend I-70 and only change it if the southern route (I-40 is projected to be clear & dry less than 24 hours from departure). I-40 is a bear when it is icy -- I-70 is no problem when it icy. An easy decision for me!

Mark

3. Default thank you

Thanks so much for your answer, I have never driving i-70 in the winter so that helps a lot

4. Default

Hey,

I did this trip, I am in chanhassen, I did it twice last winter and a total of four times last year.

I would recommend cutting through colorado then into utah and on into nevada then through the mojave for the main stretch.

The views are amazing and much better and I think even fast than when I went through wyoming.

Have fun!