Coming from Australia to US for 5 weeks and planning road trip as part of this for 10 days. The plan is to start in New Orleans and drive to Nashville and Memphis. Dates will be early January. If possible could keep going all the way to Denver instead of flight. So some questions.
1. What is there to see between New Orleans and Nashville? Always wanted to go to Lynchburg TN. Is a detour through smokey mountains worthwhile considering time of year.
2. What is there to see between Nashville and Memphis?
3. Is it feasible to drive from Memphis through Albaqurque/ Santa Fe to Denver? Anything to see along the way? always wanted to go to Santa Fe. how long would you need?
4. How long would you need to drive New Orleans to Nashville to Memphis?
5. any other suggestions for 10 day road trip starting in New Orleans. Heard Nashville great ALS want to go to Memphis for Graceland...is it it worth it. Just want to see some of southern states and eat some bbq after watching chow masters!
Any opinions suggestion appreciated I will take it on board. Love natural scenery and food.