1. Default Relocation Road Trip from San Diego to South Carolina - Some guidance needed!

Hi! My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip from San Diego, CA to South Carolina (don't know where the end city is just yet). I was wondering if two weeks would be enough time for this trip? My current possible route is from San Diego > Las Vegas > Grand Canyon > Tuscon > El Paso > San Antonio > New Orleans > Jacksonville > Charleston/SC coast area. This will be my first big road trip, and it will be taken from November/December 2015. I know it's over a year away, but I'm the kind of person that likes to plan ahead :) Any advice/suggestions for stops along the way is appreciated. Thanks!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You could cover the drive on the route you've listed in roughly a week, so 2 weeks will give you some time to explore some of the places you've listed, and should make for a pretty pleasant trip.

As far as stops go, what sorts of things are you interested in? Is there a reason you've come up with this route - which does zig-zag north and south a bit, and adds quite a few miles to what would be a more direct route? Knowing that will help us narrow down the thousands of possibilities. Of course, the RTA Map Center is also a great tool to help you find unique places to explore.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

My first thought when I read your route thoughts, was the same as Michael's -- zig-zag. However, I can guess that the first part was a wish to see Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon before you move to the East Coast. I'm wondering, though, is the routing along I-10 is a notion that you may see better weather since you are traveling in Nov/Dec? If that's the reason you want to go so far south, it may or may not be avoiding weather. Parts of I-10 can see snow in winter, and they are far less prepared for it than those who see snow all the time, such as along I-40. But perhaps you had a different reason for going south along I-10.