Planning a trip Great Western 21 day Adventure. We plan on using a smartphone on the trip which will provide the following functions :-
1. Satnav (Im happy with Google Maps Navigation and also have a copy of Sygic wwhich I can highly recommend.
2. Time lapse recording - Using Lapse It Pro to record the car journey and some scenery stuff (sunset / sunrise).
3. General photo and video recording of the adventure. (geo tagging)
4. Local info / web search and staying connected to RTA of course.
5. Calling hotels / restaurants and fingers crossed emergency calls (no international or inbound expected).
Id like to upload any videos / pics we take to a blog/facebook/twitter. Any video files will be uploaded overnight, we will have a laptop too as a backupo for all files and keep the smartphone freed up. So as you can see staying connected will be important.
I have the Smartphone which is unlocked so can connect to any network (not 4g but im sure an upgrade will come before the trip), what I need is a SIM card that provides plenty of data So far the only site that looks up to this is ulysse's mobile unlimited . Anyone had any experience with them or have a better idea?