1. Default Back on the road!

Hi everyone! A couple of years ago you helped me plan an amazing trip which my husband and I will never forget, and for this we will be forever grateful! We started from Las Vegas, stopped in the Death Valley, Yosemite, San Francisco and drove down the coast (stopping in various places like Monterey and Carmel) to reach Los Angeles, where our trip ended. Thanks to your tips we saw amazing sceneries and met fantastic people and we would like to do it all over again, of course visiting different places this time. We are not sure where to start from but we have the usual two weeks available, so we cannot go too mad! We would like to travel south this time, even though there are many places “near” the area we visited already which we have missed out (like Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Monument Valley, etc.). Please let me know if you have any suggestion for our next trip! Ideally we would like to go around May next year. Thanks a lot!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome Back to the RTA Forum!

The US really is just too large of a place with way too many amazing things to narrow down the entire country - or even narrow down what 'travel south' might mean.

Ultimately, where to go really is the first step, and its one that only you can decide. I'd recommend you take out a map, browse the national parks website, take a look at RTA's map center, etc and just start thinking about the places that sound interesting.

Once you get some sort of foundation, then we can do much more to help you get your idea off the ground.

South of England.

Default You need to choose, for us to be able to help..

Hello and welcome back missmeow !

I would suggest you take a look around the site and study a good map and see what the main attractions are that appeal to you. Where for instance would you like to travel south to ? You could start out from Vegas and include Bryce and Zion and Monument valley and head further south creating a loop. Arches and Canyonlands NP's near Moab are also main attractions, and betwen those and Zion and Bryce is Utah scenic byway 12 and Capitol Reef.
    You could use Denver as a start point and visit the Four corners region, heading south into New Mexico, like we did here. Perhaps you mean New Orleans etc ?