1. Default unpaid speeding tickets

wil an unpaid speeding ticket from last year in nevada prevent a visa application from a british citizen?

Default Why not just pay it?

You might be okay, you might not. It depends how closely they look into your past.

As a British citizen you only need a Visa if (a) you're planning on staying longer than 90 days or (b) you've got a criminal conviction of any sort. Either way, it's not worth the risk.

Plus, you may find you have problems renting if they discover you have unpaid fines.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default the easy way

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I agree with Vambo, the simple thing to do is to pay the ticket and be done with it. The visa process isn't a simple one anyway, and I'd hate to spend all the time and effort trying to get one, just to find out your application was denied because you owed the state of Nevada a couple hundred bucks and they issued a warrant for your arrest.

Entry from London US Embassy website….

“If the traffic offense occurred while you were in the United States, and you have an outstanding fine against you or you did not attend your court hearing, it is possible there may be a warrant out for your arrest, and you will experience problems when applying for admission into the U.S. Therefore you should resolve the issue before traveling by contacting the court where you were to appear. If you do not know the address of the court then information is available from the Internet HERE.”

The downside if you don’t pay.

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default It all comes down to:

If you're going to play, you're going to pay. Just pay the fine and be done with it. I really don't get the whole concept of failing to appear over a simple ticket, which in 8 months turns into an embarrassing scene where you're being directed to walk slowly towards the officers voice with your hands on your head, and four cruisers there to take you in.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Pay to Play is right!

I had a lot of fun getting my $300 ticket in Nevada about 7-8 years ago. I never lie to my husband but I didn't want him to know about it because he would have been exasperated with me. So I decided I would pay it off at the rate of $10 per month.

When I got the letter in the mail telling me that my Washington state driver's license would be suspended in 30 days unless I paid my Nevada fine in full, I decided to come clean with the husband and pay up.

Believe me, they'll get you anyway they can. And you do owe it. So just do the right things and come clean, too.

Default another consequence

Should you get stopped in Nevada again, it will be straight to jail because they have a warrant out for your arrest. Could be very embarassing.