Thread: new to forum

1. Default new to forum

Hi all,

Hi everyone just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. HI. I live in Ny with my wife and 4 year old. We have another on the way in june 06. We love taking drives to nowhwere in our 2001 ford explorer. Recently though we have been talking about taking a roadtrip using a rv, (renting one). I found this web-site by luck and am very happy that i did. Reading some of these posts is getting me anxious to get driving.

I come from a large family living from Col. Fl. Mich. NY. Italy. We were thinking about taking a 15-30 day roadtrip in aug after baby is born. Our first born was 4 months old when we went camping in july for a week in a tent. Wasn't bad having a infant we actually had a great time. We figure with that expierience we could handle a roadtrip using a rv. This way atleast this time we would feel a little closer to home. I'm looking forward to some of your thoughts on that.

We have drivin back and forth to Mich. using 80 west to 75 north. Comming back the first time on that one was funny because we blew right by the 75/80east junction and drove right into kentucky, staying south on 75. We laughed it off and took a new route home having a good time. My first born was 2 at that time.

Now we want to use a rv but have no idea really where to go. We want to keep our budget under $5000. We feel that we should atleast have a destination. Then we can enjoy making some stops on the way and back. I'm not sure on heading west south or north. I don't want to set family visits as the destination I'd rather like to have a national park or something of that nature. I was thinking niagra falls, (US side) but then, would it be worth the rv and don't think i need 30 days. So we are kinda stuck on stupid right now and would love to hear some of your thoughts. As anxious as we are we don't want to rush into it. Once again Hi to all and look forward to reading some of your feedback. Also any day trippers with some cool ny day trips stories and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THX,
    RoadTripper301

Default Drives to "Now here"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadTripper301
    I live in Ny with my wife and 4 year old. We have another on the way in june 06. We love taking drives to nowhwere in our 2001 ford explorer. Recently though we have been talking about taking a roadtrip using a rv, (renting one).
    Welcome to the Forum! Driving to Nowhere is one of my passions -- I like to spell that "now here" since road trips are more about what it feels like inside than a description of an itinerary. We have some excellent resources for making decisions about taking a RV roadtrip. Here is an article about the types of rentals available, and this one should be printed out and taken with you when you pick-up a rental. We also recommend the services of Tracks & Trails, a kind of an RV outfitter. We also publish monthly columns about the RV lifestyle and suggestions for places to go explore.
    Wasn't bad having a infant we actually had a great time. We figure with that expierience we could handle a roadtrip using a rv. This way atleast this time we would feel a little closer to home. I'm looking forward to some of your thoughts on that.
    RoadTrips with family are just about as All-American as you can get. Here is an article by professional roadtripper, Chris Epting, who takes his family along as often as he can.
    We have drivin back and forth to Mich. using 80 west to 75 north. Comming back the first time on that one was funny because we blew right by the 75/80east junction and drove right into kentucky, staying south on 75.
    I have had that experience a few times, chatting with my travel mate or listening to audiobooks... In fact we call that section of this site -- "So Good I Missed my Exit".
    So we are kinda stuck on stupid right now
    That is why we are here. There are lots of resources here, so kick the tires a little and ask some more questions.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 02-10-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot a link