Default Quick day trip to Zion

Hey all,

Just got back from a quick little day trip out to Zion National Park. Man is it great there in the winter. I flew into Vegas and we drove out from there, my parents had never been, so my sister and I wanted to give the a little taste.
    As always, the park is beautiful, but what made it better was that there was hardly any visitors there. It was like having the park to ourselves. Hiked up to Weeping Rock, most of the way up the Hidden Canyon Trail, but my dad started getting queezy from the heights, so we turned back. Last time I tried this trail my sister got tired and we had to turrn back. Someday I'll make it to Hidden Canyon!!! And we did the Temple of Sianawa river walk. I wanted to do Emerald Pools since I haven't hiked that yet, but ran out of time. Saw lots of deer and wild turkey. The weather was perfect and overall it was a great day with my family. Next time I wanna show em Bryce. You can check out some pics here if ya'd like:

http://bmarciasini.photosite.com

Later,
    Brett

Default I like this time of year too!

Quote Originally Posted by packman
    Just got back from a quick little day trip out to Zion National Park. Man is it great there in the winter. I flew into Vegas and we drove out from there, my parents had never been, so my sister and I wanted to give the a little taste.
    As always, the park is beautiful, but what made it better was that there was hardly any visitors there. It was like having the park to ourselves. Hiked up to Weeping Rock, most of the way up the Hidden Canyon Trail,
    Brett,

Thanks for the field report. Zion is pretty great anytime, but especially when there are less people about. Nice photos too!

Mark

Awesome Pictures. I've only been to Zion once, and I can't wait to get back someday. The Emerald Pools are very cool. Worth the trek up there. I'm hoping to hike the Angel's Landing Trail. I didn't make it up there, but every says the view is incredible.