1. Default Planning Summer break

Hello

Help required me and some friends are planning a road trip across the US for the very first time we have a couple of ideas about doing the chicago to LA along the world famous Route 66 but would really prefer some ideas from people that know what they are on about.

On this trip I would like to see as much as possible from national parks to historic places and of course some nice villages on the way who serve a good beer. We will have around 16 days to travel and want to travel from East to West your inout would be very grateful

Thanks

Rob

Default Villages

Quote Originally Posted by robbi90
    Me and some friends are planning a road trip across the US for the very first time we have a couple of ideas about doing the chicago to LA along the world famous Route 66 but would really prefer some ideas from people that know what they are on about.
    Welcome to the Forum! We have had several posts in the last couple of days about visiting villages and it is rare for Americans to think of towns as being villages, although technically, I suppose they do exist here. There are some really good web resources for planning trips along the famous Route 66 -- here are some of the best we have found.
    On this trip I would like to see as much as possible from national parks to historic places and of course some nice villages on the way who serve a good beer. We will have around 16 days to travel and want to travel from East to West your inout would be very grateful
    Rob, where will you be flying into and out of? Sixteen days is a great length of time. Also, will you be renting a car or?

Mark