Default Streets and Trips

Hello,

I have a question on Microsoft Streets and Trips versions. Somewhere in the depths of my hard drive, I have MS S&T 2002. Would it be worth it to get MS S&T 2006? I know that small roads would be updated in 2006, but are there any other benefits? Does anyone have any experience with 2006? It would just be the regular S&T version, not the super duper GPS one.

Thank you.

Default Ms S&t

Well, I have the 2004 edition and I am quite happy with it. If you haven't yet, check out the Trip Planning Software poll at the top of this 'Gear Up' forum for some others' opinions as well as here for some reviews of the software. MS is constantly adding bells and wistles to its software, some that people find useful and others that are just for show. It's going to be up to you to determine which features you want and whether the price to upgrade is worth it. As for myself, I tend to replace my atlases and software about every 5 years, so you may be about due. I guess my question is, are you really that unhappy with your current version?

AZBuck

I think you are right in the fact that I am due for new stuff. Better safe to have the latest stuff when planning this big trip.

I took a look at the GPS one again, and it actually comes with a GPS tool! I thought it was that the software could hook up to an existing GPS tool (it does that as well if you have one). I checked it on Amazon and it's available for only 80 bucks. Guess that gives me my answer right there.

Thanks for the advice!

tourlou Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roadie4 View Post
    I think you are right in the fact that I am due for new stuff. Better safe to have the latest stuff when planning this big trip.

I took a look at the GPS one again, and it actually comes with a GPS tool! I thought it was that the software could hook up to an existing GPS tool (it does that as well if you have one). I checked it on Amazon and it's available for only 80 bucks. Guess that gives me my answer right there.

Thanks for the advice!
    merci beauoup