Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Noob2.0 Guest

Default 4 states at once

Hello!

Sort of an easy question here: Isn't there where you can be in NM, AZ, UT, and CO at the same time? It's where they all border each other.

I am making a list of things to see and do when I go out next summer and I am pretty sure that this little tourist site will be one of them.

Anyone know if it is easy to get to?

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Four Corners National Monument. It's right along US 160 where the four states meet. I believe it's fairly easy to reach.

Default Except it is not a "national" monument

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadia4-brad m
    Four Corners National Monument. It's right along US 160 where the four states meet. I believe it's fairly easy to reach.
    Four Corners is a park adminstered by the Navajo Nation and is not a federal national monument. For more information, click here.

Noob2.0 Guest

Default Thank you

Than you very much for the name, info and route!

I'll be back in a few weeks with more questions as I begin to solidify the planning for the roadtrip next summer.

Default Four Corners

If you want to tick off a curiosity to say you've been there (which is what I wanted to do) then visit four corners. Try the Navaho Fry Bread if you go. Be warned though, it is not spectacular, apart from the marker (see picture on this link)
    http://www.uk-2-usa.com/Arizona/fourcorners.html
    all there is at four corners is indian craft shops.

UK

6. Default

Well- Even living here in this country, I learned something new. I did not know the site was administered by the Navajo nation. I had been there probably 35 years ago, when there was just a plaque in the ground.

Thanks for the info.

CASPERSMOM Guest

Default planning similar trip

Can you fill me in on what you feel are good places to visit in those areas. I am trying to plan a similar trip myself.

Default A wealth of places

Quote Originally Posted by CASPERSMOM
    Can you fill me in on what you feel are good places to visit in those areas. I am trying to plan a similar trip myself.
    Welcome to the Forum,

The four corners region is home to Monument Valley, the national parks of Arches, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde and Petrified Forest. Plus it affords easy access to Canyon de Chelly and the Chaco Cultural Historical Park. The Million Mile highway and the Durango rail road are all awesome places to visit.

If you were to try and see all that there is to see in the region it would take a lifetime. Was there something in particular we could suggest?

Mark

CASPERSMOM Guest

Default thanks

So far we defenilty want to see the grand canyon. We figure we want to try not to drive more then 3 or 4 hours at a stretch because we will have my then almost 3 year old with us. We are probably crazy but we love to travel so we are going to give it a try. What are some must sees in your opinion?

Thanks

Default What is the time frame and when?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPERSMOM
    So far we defenilty want to see the grand canyon. We figure we want to try not to drive more then 3 or 4 hours at a stretch because we will have my then almost 3 year old with us. We are probably crazy but we love to travel so we are going to give it a try. What are some must sees in your opinion?
    Adding the Grand Canyon to a Four Corners trip, might affect how much you can see elsewhere on the trip. How long a trip are you considering? Where are you starting from? Traveling with a three-year-old doesn't sound crazy to me. I was much younger when my folks started taking me on road trips...

Must sees? Hard to define without some idea of what you would like to see and do!

Mark