Vijay Guest

Default dallas to lasvegas

Hi Dear all,
    I am planning a 3 day road trip from dallas to las vegas,nv. I would like know about the good places on my way to las vegas. I highly appreciate if anybody could give me some good info on it.

Thank you,
    Vijay
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-02-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Default 3 Areas Worth Checking Out

Besides the obvious 'must sees' such as the Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks, there are many unique and interesting places to stop and see along your route. Without knowing your particular tastes and interests, I'll just recommend a few sites in three separate areas along the way.

Amarillo, TX: Cadillac Ranch is a uniquely American icon that's worth a stop. Caprock Canyons State Park is a good place to experience some badlands topography. And The Big Texan Steak House is a chance to see and taste American conspicuous consumption at its best(?)

Albuquerque, NM: North of the city is the state capitol, Santa Fe, a town with its own character, and very accessible on foot. The Petroglyph National Monument just west of town and the Salinas Pueblo Missions south of town offer glimpses into America's ancient history.

Flagstaff, AZ: Walnut Canyon National Monument is another ancient Native American site that's informative and also a nice hike. Oak Creek Canyon is a very scenic winding drive, while Meteor Crater lets you get a look at what happens when space comes to Earth.

There's more to see and do, of course, but your time is limited and the above should give you an idea of what's available.

AZBuck

Vijay Guest

thank you very much for ur valuable info