Poostix Guest

Default Boston to Miami Area

Hi all,
    I'm planning a trip to the US for this time next year (End of Augusts begining of September).

Myself and a friend have just broke up with our long term Girlfriends and have wanted to do this type of trip for the last 10 years, I'm just looking for some advice and help on what to do and where to go.

I'm thinking about 3 days in Boston, 3 days in New York, 1 day in Philly, 1 day in Washington and then taking 2 weeks to drive down to the Miami area, taking in as many highlights as possible along the way stopping for around 1 or 2 days in each place we visit. The main point of this trip is so that we can see my friends family in Atlanta for at least a weekend.

Also as we'll be 2 single guys we will be looking at taking in some of the friendlier areas, (University cities/towns) so that we can meet new friends and possibly hook up with some decent people to stay in touch with when we get back to the UK.

Any tips on making the trip as cheap as possible. We're not skin flints, but would like to spend as much, of our disposable, as possible having fun, not on rubbish that we don't need.

Any tips on making contacts in the US over the next year so that we have people in the areas that we are going to that can show us the sights/Bars would be good as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

John

2. Default A way to start

Welcome to the forum, John!

For some ideas on cheap roadtripping, check out this RTA article. There are also many other articles in the same "corner" of RoadTrip America that will help you get a good start (in our RoadTrip Planning section).

Another excellent resource for this particular journey is a guidebook called Drive 95 , reviewed by the RTA Editor last year.

Bob