Vicky G Guest

Default Welsh lady in need of help

Hi there,

Firstly, I am new to forums so if this is posted in the incorrect place, please forgive me!!!

My husband and I are planning a trip to the States next year. We are very keen on making this a self-drive trip and hiring some kind of all-American style car. We have certain places that we intend visiting, namely, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Mojave desert, Monument Valley, Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon, Wupatki National Monument, Las Vegas, Chandler (Phoenix), and Sonora.

We would appreciate any help or assistance that you may have concerning: 1) possible routes
    2) any places you feel would not be worth visiting or any we should add to our list
    3) any ghost towns that you are aware of that we may be able to visit along our route
    4) and if any of you know where the church scene from Kill Bill was filmed, we'd love to visit (we know that it was filmed in the Mojave desert outside Lancaster but would appreciate more distinct directions).

Many thanks

Vicky G

Default What time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky G
    Firstly, I am new to forums so if this is posted in the incorrect place, please forgive me!!!
    Welcome to the forum!
    My husband and I are planning a trip to the States next year. We are very keen on making this a self-drive trip and hiring some kind of all-American style car. We have certain places that we intend visiting, namely, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Mojave desert, Monument Valley, Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon, Wupatki National Monument, Las Vegas, Chandler (Phoenix), and Sonora.
    What time of year is this adventure planned for? And what time frame?

Mark

Vicky G Guest

We're planning the trip for August/September next year for 14 (ish) days. We're fairly flexible but don't want to break the bank either