Default Back from the wilds

Hi,

I'm just back from a 2 week trip from Salt Lake City up through Idaho, skimming Yellowstone the Billings then up to Glacier and back down to SLC. I'll fully document the trip later, but the bits of road news I have are as follows

In Yellowstone the north eastern side of the figure of 8 road is closed preventing access to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.

The Beartooth Highway is still closed, but the drive up the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway as an alternative is pretty special.

The going to the sun road through Glacier is every bit as wonderful as I was expecting. If you drive it, set off early if you wish to stop at the visitor centre at Logan Pass as the parking space is limited and fills up completely by late morning.

The drive from Glacier down to Missoula and just south of there was spoilt a little due to smoke haze from forest fires.

The drive up the Salmon River and by the Sawtooth Mountains in into Idaho was spectacular.

UK

Default Looking forward to full report

UK,

Thanks for the news -- looking forward to the rest of your field report.

Mark

3. Default Did you wave?

UK, we probably passed on the highway at some point -- I was just up in the Yellowstone area as well! Did you see any bright yellow motorcycles? I'll be looking forward to your report! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Bob
    UK, we probably passed on the highway at some point -- I was just up in the Yellowstone area as well! Did you see any bright yellow motorcycles? I'll be looking forward to your report! Bob
    Never saw (or noticed anyhow) any motorcycles except great big dark (black ?) Harley Davisons. Do they do them in yellow ?

UK

5. Default Not HD MoCo!

Nope, I was the only one riding a Japanese motorcycle in the entire USA west! I know exactly what you mean about black HDs!

If you had seen me, it probably would have just been a yellow blur. I wasn't riding too sedately!

Actually, Harley does do a yellow one here or there -- but you don't see too many of them. I can remember seeing yellow Sportsters. Bob