penspice523 Guest

Default michigan to san francisco

i am relocating from west michigan to san francisco with 5 cats and 1 dog-possibly another human if i can rope someone into taking the trip with me. i am directionally and navigationally challenged and can not read a map to save my life. i need very clear directions like: go up to the walmart and turn right; go up to the 3rd light and turn left. i have looked on mapquest and have a general idea that i need to end up on 80 and follow it for a lot of miles. i am figuring that it will probably take me about 4 or 5 days if i just take my time and stay within speed limits. i would like to map my trip out so i can find hotels along the way that will allow pets. does anyone have any advice or experience on this that may help me and my pets make this trip safely and reasonably happy?

penny

2. Default

I just recently took I-80 from Wyoming back to Chicago and there are no real problems as far as construction goes. If you have a laptop and a wireless connection, I did notice that some public rest areas in Nebraska had free hotspots. Cell coverage seems good through Nebraska, but in Wyoming cell coverage is pretty much a wish. I havent been any further west on 80 , but Im sure its similar or worse in Utah, except in Salt Lake City. No cell coverage can be a real pain.

If you find lodging or camping outside of the bigger cities you will save money, and gas seemed to be a lil cheaper in Wyoming for some reason. Be careful of speeding in Iowa, saw more than a few officers handing out slips. They usually carry credit card readers to assure convenience and speedy payment of your tickets. Hope this helps a lil

3. Default Woof! (Dog advice)

Follow this link to some help with the pet questions -- Editor Mark reviewed a couple of guides that have been judged far and wide by other canines as being "two paws up." OK, that might be stretching things just a little, but these books were highly recommended.