Default Mt. Saint Helens rumbling back to Life?

Ash advisories have been put in place for Washington and Oregon as a result of an ash cloud seen earlier today by pilots in the area.

Here is the memo issued by the USGS earlier today:
    Recent observations: A rockfall at 6:30 this morning from the growing lava dome removed a large piece of the top of the dome, produced an ash plume that rose above the crater rim (which triggered pilot reports), and generated a substantial seismic signal. Persistent smaller rockfalls from the growing lava dome are building talus aprons on the western and northeastern flanks of the dome. Otherwise, the volcano remains relatively quiet and there are no significant changes in seismicity or deformation.

For additional information, click here.

Have you seen any ash in your neighborhood yet?

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default no ash sightings

My parents live in Wenatchee, WA, and haven't seen any ash... and usually won't unless theres a good n-ne wind.

Brad

Default Wenatchee is a pretty place

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadia4-brad m
    My parents live in Wenatchee, WA, and haven't seen any ash... and usually won't unless theres a good n-ne wind.
    Thanks for the ash report. Your folks live in a pretty part of the country.

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Would love to move back

I would love to move back. I moved to Phoenix after living for 12 years in Washington, the last 4 (and my high school years) in Wenatchee. If I could only make as much money as I am right now, I would move back in a heartbeat. I do want to get my teaching certificate and apply to teach at Wenatchee High School... that looks to be my one and only ticket back.
    Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter... having all four seasons is great! (unlike Phoenix, which goes from Summer to what the rest of the country would call Spring!)

The roads and facilities close to MSH's dome were actually closed for a while earlier this spring because of various signs of increased volcanic activity. This has happened a few other times in the last 25 years since the big blast.