RJGD Guest

Default Seattle to Yellowstone

We are leaving for Jackson, Wyoming (then to Yellowstone) tommorrow from Seattle with 3 young girls..can anyone suggest any interesting stops along the way? We haven't yet decided if we should go to Missoula or head south via Boise. We want to go horseback riding (a few hours) and take in a cowboy bbq - ideas? Any vistas, cowboy towns, etc you can suggest? thks

Default Sounds like a great road trip!

Quote Originally Posted by RJGD
    We are leaving for Jackson, Wyoming (then to Yellowstone) tommorrow from Seattle with 3 young girls..can anyone suggest any interesting stops along the way? We haven't yet decided if we should go to Missoula or head south via Boise. We want to go horseback riding (a few hours) and take in a cowboy bbq - ideas? Any vistas, cowboy towns, etc you can suggest? thks
    Welcome to the RoadTrip Community Forum. If you have time I would certainly suggest traveling east on either county road 20 (from Mount Vernon) or US-2 (from Monroe) -- both are awesome views through the Cascades. If you use 20, I would stay on it past Kettle Falls and Sandpoint and then down to I-20 at Missoula and over. That is one of my favorite drives in Washington/Idaho.

There are a number of dude ranches in the Cody, Wyoming area where horseback riding and BBQ is certainly a possibility. One of the best guides I have found for this part of the country is the Ultimate Wyoming Guide.

Mark