1. Default FL to NV, the long way

I'm taking a roadtrip by myself, which I have done, but this year, I'm adding in some different states. I'm going from FL to WI, not planning on stopping more than needed for sleep, unless there is something that I must see. Then from WI through SD to NV, including MN and MT (Glacier National Park) and ID. But I am having problems finding places to stop and things to see from WI to NV. Anyone have any ideas? I will go a few hours out of the way for something cool.

Also, if anyone is in any of those areas, I would love to meet with someone for a meal or drink, travelling alone can be lonely. :)

Then after NV, I will be heading San Fran and then down through CA and back across to FL, so I will take any ideas through that route too, from San Diego to FL.
    Donna

I'm not sure what you like. The national parks and national monuments through those areas are always worth a stop. A good place to find ideas for kitchy stops (ya know, the largest ball of twine type of stops) is www.roadsideamerica.com

If you give us better specifics on what types of things ring your bell, we'll probably all be better able to help you out.

Sounds like a fantastic trip! I'm envying you right now.

Default Not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by burner
    But I am having problems finding places to stop and things to see from WI to NV. Anyone have any ideas?
    Donna, Statements like this always baffle me -- you will be traveling through what has been called the heartland of America. Iowa alone has one of the biggest collections of really odd and bizarre attractions and locations in the mid-west (maybe the world). It doesn't take much effort to find something cool in virtually every state and province in North America. Getting back to Iowa -- look at this book for some rather novel atractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by burner
    Then after NV, I will be heading to San Fran and then down through CA and back across to FL, so I will take any ideas through that route too, from San Diego to FL.
    There are over 200 route ideas on this forum alone for such a trip. One place I would suggest stopping at would be Virginia City, NV on your way to San Francisco. In particular, go to the local's bar -- Fly's and say hello.

Mark

4. Default thanks for the responses

First, oops, I didnt specify my route from WI to NV, I'm going a little further north so I wont be hitting Iowa. I want to hit states I haven't been to yet, so I'm going through MN, SD, MT, and ID, then down to NV.

I am totally open to seeing anything, anything natural, like Glacier National Park in MT, to Fred Smith's concrete Park in WI, the Vent Haven Ventriloquist Museum in KY. I do like just about anything, whether it's natural funky or just plain cheesy.

I have found a few places to stop WI - NV taking the northern route. And the Cali to FL southern route is easy, I've driven that one lots of times, just thought maybe someone might have done something interesting there that they'd like to share.

I will definitely stop by Virginia City, NV though and Fly's. Also, if anyone knows of any friendly bars in those parts where a stranger is welcome, that would be great. I love meeting people when I travel.

Thanks again for your responses.

Donna