1. Default Medical supplies?

I'm from the UK and am diabetic so requite insulin injections twice a day. Does anyone have any idea how I would be able to get around the problem of having to keep insulin on me (and refrigerated) at all times, besides getting 3-4 months supply and keeping it in a cool bag?

Default Car Compatable Refrigerators

The following links are NOT meant as a recommendation, just to let you know that such things exist

Source 1
    Source 2

Just do (as I did) a web search on "12 volt cooler".

I have one of these units and they're great. Most will switch easily between 12 volt and 120 volt (but not, unfortunately, 220 volt).

Be sure to carry a copy of your prescription if you're going to be carrying needles and/or hypodermics. I was a medical technician for a number of years and carried syringes in my glove compartment for making housecalls. Forgot all about them until one day I showed up at the Canadian border. It was neither pretty nor fun and I ended up with an 18 hour visa to get from Sault Ste Marie to Highgate Springs south of Montreal.

AZBuck

Default The Three Bagger Solution

I'm from the UK and am diabetic so requite insulin injections twice a day. Does anyone have any idea how I would be able to get around the problem of having to keep insulin on me (and refrigerated) at all times,
    This is a challenge that affects plenty of travelers. An alternative to purchasing and using a 12-volt refrigerator is the "Three Bagger" solution. Get a couple of heavy-duty plastic storage bags (like Ziplock). One in the 1 gallon size and one in the quart size. Place the insulin bag (with it's original packaging) into the smaller quart size bag and seal it. Then place this bag into the gallon bag and fill this with a few cubes of ice from a motel ice machine. Seal this larger bag and place it inside an insulated lunch pouch. The size of insulated pouch that we have seen works the best is 6"x8"x4". This 3-Bagger solution will generally keep the insulin cool and dry throughout the day. If it is an especially hot day, it is relatively easy to add a few additional cubes of ice from a self-service drink station at most fast-food places. Plus, it is easy to pour out the water from the 1 gal bag at the end of the day and get ready for the next day of road trip adventuring.

Mark