amyelizabeth1970 Guest

Default Vail, Co to San Diego, Ca

I am going to be leaving early May heading southern CO to Ridgway and then towards Durango. I am then heading out Fours Corners then toward Grand Canyon. Hoover Dam and Death Valley may be on the plans. Does anyone have any ideas or cool routes I should look into to taking or places I have to see. I am very flexible and open to ideas. I would love the help. I am traveling by myself so keep that in mind. Thanks for you ideas.
    Amy

2. Default

Near Montrose is Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park which is worth an hour or two of your time. The drive on Hwy 550 between Ridgeway and Durango is very scenic. Ouray and Silverton are little mountian towns with lots of character.

Mesa Verde is worth a day and a half worth of time. Take one or more of the ranger guide tours through the ruins.

Monument Valley is just 25 miles north of Kayenta, AZ and is a very scenic area.

After the Grand Canyon you might consider driving north to Page, AZ and seeing Glen Canyon National Recreationa Area (Lake Powell). The float trip on the Colorado River is a lot of fun and so scenic! Bryce Canyon is not that far away and plan on going though Zion National Park on your way to Las Vegas. Both these parks are worth one full day or more. I would pick either one of these parks over Death Valley any day. By the end of May, Death Valley will be getting HOT. Make sure your vehicle is in good running condition.

Utahtea