Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Îles de la Madeleine

Hi everyone,

I'm planning our annual mother-daughter september roadtrip and I was thinking about the Magdalena Islands (just north of Prince Edward Island). I'm not sure anyone on this forum has ever been there but I'm asking anyway! So, roughly our plan is to get to Souris, PEI (1050 km from the Eastern Townships) by road, spend a night there and take the ferry to Havre Aubert (5h ride) the next day. We would stay 3 night in the Islands. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to see there or en route, museums not to be missed, secluded beaches, restaurants, lodging, attractions? I believe it takes only 1,5 h to go from one end of the archipelago to the other so we were thinking of staying in Havre Aubert the whole time and take the car to wander around. For those of you who are curious or just don't have any clue about where that place is, go to www.tourismeilesdelamadeleine.com and click on English at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Gen:o)
    Last edited by Quebec Gen; 03-28-2005 at 09:54 PM. Reason: precision

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Hello Victor and Gen

Sounds like a nice trip. I think for our friends not familiar with the area, PEI I do believe is Prince Edward Island.
    Keep us updated!
    Brad M.