imported_Stefan Guest

Default Are there campsites in the US?

Will I be able to find campsites in the US where I can park and have a shower and sleep in my car, while I'm on my roadtrip from LA to NYC. If so, how much does it cost, and how do I find them?

Default of course!

All of the national parks have campgrounds. www.nps.gov/parks.html

KOA is a big name across the nation of public / tourist campgrounds. www.koa.com

The Bureau of Land Management / National Forests also allow camping in various sites all across the USA. www.reserveusa.com

Prices for a "tent only" site (this means you can sleep in your car) range from $12.00 per night to $28.00 per night.

Showers are usually $2.00 or so extra.

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default also State Campgrounds

Many State Parks have camping Facilities. To find these, just go to google.com and search: [state name] State Parks. There you will get to see what facilities each park has. Most have "tent sites", but I dont think anyone will bother you if you don't pitch a tent.

Terry N. Guest

Default Campsites around the US

You may want to take a look at: http://reserveamerica.com
    At this site you will find a listing of over 100 campsites that can be reserved online.
    The listing is separated by state and lists the campgrounds along with a map of the campground showing sites etc.
    Hope you find this useful.