Greetings all. I am planning a massive road trip from mid April to May 8th or so. I will be driving solo in a 2002 Ford Explorer withOUT 4 wheel drive. My journey will start here in Detroit and I am planning on driving a more southward route from the start and pass through Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff and Las Vegas. I'm planning on car camping for most of the trip but will probably treat myself to a hotel and shower every so often just to keep that fresh feeling. I have numerous maps and camp books and tour books to aid in my trip. Am I crazy for wanting to hike and mt bike in Death Valley? I am hoping there are those kind of things to do there. The weather should not be as hot during the time im there. I want to stay just 2 nights camping there then I need to be in Vegas for a gathering for 5 days. Any prime areas to camp and hike in Death Valley? Also I am wanting to bring my snowboard, are there any resorts in the southwest that are open as late as mid April? Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance and Happy Road-Tripping!