imported_Eli Guest

Default Boston to California and back in 2 weeks

Some friends and I are planning on taking a road trip across the country to see what there is to see over the summer. I've never been past the east coast, so I'm looking forward to this.

The biggest issue is, none of us really know what to do in any states (besides the world's biggest ball of twine). I haven't had much luck looking online for various things. We want to see some of the bigger attractions, but also get a view of the people in other areas. Any suggestions?

Lisa & Kristen Guest

Default Our experience...

Hi. My friend and I are from the DC area. Last summer we flew to Denver, rented a car and traveled West through Utah to Las Vegas, NV with a final destination of LA, and then flew home. You travel through the Rocky Mountains, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Grand Canyon NP (probably THE most AMAZING and BREATHTAKING natural wonders I have ever seen in my entire life...mountains and canyons and red rock and desert...). Then arriving in Vegas..which is such a completely opposite experience (all glitz and glamour and ostentation)...then on to LA (Hollywood, Venice Beach)...get your feet wet in the Pacific Ocean! It was perfect. The reason we flew to Denver was because we had done the drive from DC to CO before and (no offense intended)...it is quite boring. This saved us a lot of time. You'd have to look into flights and rental car costs (make sure you go with a company that does not charge you a drop-off fee). I'm no expert but thought I'd share our experience since it worked out so well for us....GOOD LUCK!

Lisa