Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Albert Guest

Default RE: Less potholes $ smoother pavement ... I-40 or I-10?

Has recently travelled these interstates, still undecided which route I'll take .. it'll depend on overall condition of routes ... all comments appreciated

NC-to-CA

Thanks!

Albert Guest

Default RE: Less potholes & smoother pavement ... I-40 or I-10?

Has recently travelled these interstates, still undecided which route I'll take .. it'll depend on overall condition of routes ... all comments appreciated

NC-to-CA

Thanks!

Albert Guest

Default RE: Which is better ... I-40 or I-10?

Would welcome any comments regarding the overall road conditions of these interstates .. trying to avoid potholes, rough pavement, etc.

NC-to-CA

Thanks!

Albert Guest

Would welcome any comments regarding the overall pavement conditions of these interstates .. trying to avoid potholes, rough pavement, etc.

NC-to-CA

Thanks!

Albert Guest

Would welcome any comments regarding the overall pavement conditions of these interstates .. trying to avoid potholes, rough pavement, etc.

NC-to-CA

Thanks!

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Good road conditions

Hi,

Personally, I think both of these interstates are very well maintained. I-40 can be a little "rough" in some rural parts of New Mexico, but I never hit any potholes on any of these routes.

Have a nice trip!

Gen

Ps-Any route in the US is great compared to what we have in Quebec! A recent study showed our highway system could be compared to one of a partly developped country... Hum it's very encouraging to hear that before spring thaw begins!

imported_Amber Guest

I have done both I-10 and I-40 from California to New Orleans and I can say without a doubt that I-40 was ten times better for the attractions. I-10 through Texas is a miserable trek.

I would classify both of them as fairly well kept-up. You're not going to find potholes on these highways.

8. Default I-40 Potholes

I drove I-40 yesterday between Gallup and Flagstaff. There are some stretches of I-40 in New Mexico and Arizona that are in poor shape at the moment -- one in particular between Gallup and the Arizona border is torn up pretty badly from winter weather this year and will rattle your teeth a bit. That said, MOST of the stretch I drove was in at least fair shape and some stretches were brand new asphalt in perfect condition. I haven't driven either route in total for some time, so cannot speak for either one overall. I don't remember any bad stretches on I-10 between Phoenix and Deming (the section I have most recent experience on).

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Matter of taste...

I don't agree with your Amber, I think I-10 through Texas, especially the stretch between El Paso and San Antonio was a blast. On the other hand, I found I-40 less interesting but not boring. I guess it depends on what you define as attractions. For a northeasterner like me, I can drive miles and miles of telephone poles and get excited about it:-)

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Yugoslavia?

Any large jeep size wholes?