Thread: Northern Canada

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default way up north!

Hi!
    I was just wondering if any of you have been to North West Territories, Nunavut, Northern Quebec and/or Northern Manitoba. If so, how is it? How are the roads (paved and dirt) there in the summer? Do you think it would be safe for a young woman to go there by herself? What would you recommend/avoid? I'd love to visit St. Boniface and Water Hen Country (Man) areas as well, do you have any suggestions? What is the best way to get there?

I know Northern Quebec is only accessible by plane (Kujjuaq and its surroundings), do you know how much would it cost approx. for a plane ticket? Did you have any difficulty in adapting to the constant daylight (or darkness in the winter) when you stayed there? What hiking or canoe camping trips would you recommend? As you see I have many questions and more will come up eventually I am sure!:-) Any information is welcomed!

Thanks!

Gen:-)

2. Default

Hi all
    I spotted this message with no responses - but it is exactly the question I am interested also! There are a number of very intriguing roads in the north west of BC that are unsealed. What type of gravel can a traveller in these parts expect? We want to make sure the type of car we buy has appropriate tyres (or know if we have to carry two extra spares if puncuters are a problem!). Is there any advice out there?
    Cheers
    Ali and Pete, Western Australia

Default Northern Quebec Resource

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    t is exactly the question I am interested also! There are a number of very intriguing roads in the north west of BC that are unsealed
    . Ali and Pete -- SportscarDriver is an avid explorer and this thread about a journey in Northern Quebec may give you some ideas.

Mark