Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C.B. Radios

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Phoenix Metro Area- CB Radio Sales and Installation

Does anyone know of anyplace in the Phoenix Metro Area of where I might be able to purchase a CB Radio and have it installed. I could do it my self, but I would rather let someone who knows what cords they are yanking on and splicing together do it. (and my mechanic/father is over 1,000 miles away in Washington State.)

2. Default Bronco One

There's a place on 32nd Street just south of Bell Rd. that's been there for about 25 years at least -- Bronco One.
    They installed a CB in my tractor in 1978 -- I've had no other dealings with them since, but they must be doing something right to have been there for so long! Bob

Default Every Truck Stop has a CB shop

Bronco One sounds good -- in addition, (just about) every truckstop in America has a CB shop -- the installers tend to be very knowledgeable.

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Moderator Bob,
    How much did they charge for installation? (if you remember). Either way, once I have enough spare change I'll go and visit them.

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Cost of CB Radios

Hi!
    I was just wondering how much would cost a basic CB radio (installation included) just for roadtrip purposes. As you know, cell phones are definitly not sufficient especially when you go up north in secluded areas.

Gen:-)

Default Not necessary to install

Gen,

Unless you really need an installed radio -- I would suggest getting one of the hand-held models -- they all come with a removable antenna (usually magnet mounted). The "Cobra HH Road Trip" model also includes a five-band weather radio and costs about $USD 100.00

It is a good radio and has the advantage of being able to move it to different vehicles easily.

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default I am now on CB Radio!

I just purchased my CB yesterday at Fry's Electronics in Tempe, Arizona (they do have a website: www.outpost.com). It is a Midland 75-850 Handheld 40 channel/All-Hazard/weather radio with a "rubber duck" antenna, and a nice little car adapter kit that allows me to use my vehicle's battery as well as a magnetic mount 3' Antenna (which I have proudly ploped on the back of my '91 Chevrolet Lumina!). It cost me $108 for the radio (which Midland sells on thier site for $159.00), and a antenna that I purchase at Radio Shack for about $34.00. It's nice, and I am now just trying to get used to CB radio. The only thing I have done is announced a traffic jam on I-10 in downtown phone, and thats about it. For those who care in the Phoenix Area, my handle will be "Cascadia", callsign KBLM85201 (thats what the FCC wants). I am going to be on channel 19 most of the time, unless there are anyone out there who uses another channel in the PHX area.

8. Default Sorry

Sorry, Brad, I didn't see this post until just now. Looks like it's a moot point now, though. Bob

Default 30 Years in the past

Brad,

Congrats on the purchase. I have been using CB radios for over thirty years. These days, almost no one does a station identification with the FCC call letters. I still remember mine (from when a license was actually required) KABC-4291, but I haven't used those call letters in a long, long time.

Depending upon the vehicle I am in, the usual call sign is "ROADTRIPAMERICA" but I have also been heard on the box with my personal call sign: "Silver Squid."

Enjoy!

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default CHANNEL/AREA

What area are you in and what channel do you usually tune into?