Hayes Wilson Guest

Default High School Seniors summer roadtrip

Hello, two friends and I are planning a large road trip to sort of top of our highschool experience. We live in Carson City, Nevada and we want to travel throughout the US. i.e. southern cali, orlando fl, new york, washington state. Anybody have any ideas or any help. my friends put me in charge of the planning and im so lost on how to start. We collectively have family throught most of the states and we have approx.4-5 weeks to complete it.. each person will probably bring 1500-2000 dollars... Does anybody have any advice for me b/c i would really apprecaite it from all you veteran road trippers.. Thank you very much.. all and any help is apprecitated

Default not long enough

Sound like you want to do the "full circle (square)" of the USA map. 4-5 weeks is barely long enough to do more than just drive & drive & drive, but saying that, it CAN be done.

Especially if you have friends / relatives to stay with & cut costs. Get out a map. Mark where all the towns are you have people you can stay with. Check www.nps.gov/parks.html to look at the map and find out where all the national parks are.

Suggestion (for starters):

Carson City to ZION National Park, southern Utah

- through Las Vegas to GRAND CANYON Nat'l Park, Arizona.

- to CARLSBAD CAVERNS National Park, New Mexico

- across DALLAS & along the Mississippi coast (BILOXI area) through NEW ORLEANS to

- ORLANDO, Florida

- to WASHINGTON, DC (lots of FREE things to do & see here - check out the Smithsonian)

- to NEW YORK CITY

- to NIAGARA FALLS, NY

to YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming

to GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, Montana

to SEATTLE, Washington

down along the Oregon coast, and through San Francisco,

along the coast #1 , #101 ,

to LOS ANGELES (& whereever else you want to go in California

then back to home.

Default It may be possible

Hayes,

Like Syv has suggested, you may not have allowed either sufficient $ or time to complete such a trip. That is alot of driving to do in four weeks. I would suggest taking a look at the <a href = "http://www.quest-4.com/path/path.html">Quest-4<a/> route -- it covers much of the route you have suggested.