SFO to Atlanta tips
We are planning a coast to coast. Can you tell me
some interesting spots to see and eat at on the way.
We do not have too much time but just a little
deviation is ok.
Thanks in advance
I imagine you will be traveling Interstate 40.
1. Just after crossing the California border to Arizona you could take the Topock exit and pick up Old Route 66 and drive though Oatman, AZ. It's a tourist trap but really a neat one. Then you will continue on route 66 to Kingman. Between Oatman and Kingman is a curvey section of the old route that really gives you a feel for the way things used to be.
2. Kingman, AZ has a good museum on the Old Route 66.
3. Seligman, AZ. Get off the freeway and drive through town and see Elvis and his pink caddy. This is another old route 66 town.
4. Side trip to the Grand Canyon.
5. Just east of Flagstaff is Walnut Canyon National Monument.
6. Winslow, AZ. Get off the freeway and go stand on the corner the Eagles made famous with their song "Standing on the Corner in Winslow, AZ".
7. In Holbrook, AZ get off the interstate and take Hwy 180 to the Petrified Forest. Take the Petrified Forest road through the park to the Painted Desert and pick up I-40 again.
8. On the west side of Albuquerque is Petroglyphs National Monument.
9. West of Amarillo, TX is Cadillac Ranch. You can see ten cadillacs sticking out of the ground.
Hope this helps!
If you're passing through Arizona, you can't afford to miss Sedona. Breathtaking scenery and a great drive down from Flagstaff.
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts