Big Stevie Guest

Default Toronto to NYC -- Stopping Locations?

I am travelling from TO to NYC and would be interested in somewhere to stop upstate - maybe 4 hrs from TO (2 hrs from Buffalo) and then again 3 / 4hrs later ?????

Thanks

Default The reason for the stop?

What is the stop for? Relaxation? Sightseeing? Excercise?

Hard to suggest places without knowing the motivation.

Mark

Big Stevie Guest

Default R&R

Mark - the plan is to leave TO at 4 am, then make a stop for brekkie. We are travelling with my 2 1/2 yr old daughter, and I saw a tip on here previously to find a place where she can run around for a bit. I'd like to find a local place and get out of the car (we can go to McD's in Scotland anytime !!).... then back in the car for another 3 / 4 hrs. We are on holiday, so not in a huge rush, but I would like to get there within 12 hrs if poss.

Thanks again for your help, and congrats on an excellent site

Perhaps Syracuse for a breakfast stop? Not sure of any particular restaurant / park names, but even a "Cracker Barrel" or "International House of Pancakes" (IHOP) will have room for the toddler to run a bit.

Also, there will be some nice travel centers / rest stops along the highway where you can pull off for 10 minute breaks, fuel fill-ups, etc.

On this route, there will most likely be TRAFFIC JAMS to delay your journey. Internet map directions say approx. 8 hours or less, but more realistically it will be 10+ hours, plus your brekkie stop.

At least leaving 4 a.m, you'll miss heavy traffic in Ontario.

have fun!!!