Lorna Ashton Guest

Hi there,

We're from the UK and planning the trip of a lifetime next year. We're wanting to take 6 months and drive across from San Franciso cutting across Colorado and dropping down through Kansas, New Orleans and round the coast to eventually tuen up in Orlando.

Question is, when is a good time to start this and is San Francisco the best side to start from? I'm worried about hitting Colorado and it not being the weather to camp. We'll be on a budget that should allow a mix of camping and motels I hope.

I was thinking of starting August time in San Francisco, heading up through Colorado during Aug/Sept?

Lorna Ashton Guest

Hi there,

We're from the UK and planning the trip of a lifetime next year. We're wanting to take 6 months and drive across from San Franciso cutting across Colorado and dropping down through Kansas, New Orleans and round the coast to eventually turn up in Orlando.

Question is, when is a good time to start this and is San Francisco the best side to start from? I'm worried about hitting Colorado and it not being the weather to camp. We'll be on a budget that should allow a mix of camping and motels I hope.

I was thinking of starting August time in San Francisco, heading up through Colorado during Aug/Sept?

Default Seasons

That actually sounds like a really good time of year to take this kind of journey; by the sounds of things you're planning on being in Orlando in January/February, yes?

Perhaps some of the Westerners on here will be able to give you more detailed Colorado information than I.

Lorna Ashton Guest

Yes, we're undecided as to the best place to spend Christmas, I was thinking of around the Tennessee area or maybe Mississippi. It would be nice to be somewhere that had festivities during December.

Default Christmas

You could try the various State's websites to find out if there are any festivities during Christmas. Most likely it would be under a tourism or travel link. An Internet search would probably yield the most results.

www.tripsouth.com has some festivals listed for the various states.