Gabo Guest

Default Roundtrip around America!!!

Hello Everyone! My cousin and I are about to embark on a road trip around the whole country. We have been planning this trip for a while and the posts here on roadtripamerica.com have made planning the trip a lot easier. I live in Southern California and we plan to start off by heading east and hitting the Hoover Dam and going onto the Grand Canyon. We want to hit the big cities such as San Antonio, New Orleans, Nashville, Washington D.C. New York, Chicago, St. Louis. Then onto the national parks such as Yellowstone, and Mt Rushmore. Then finish up the trip with Seattle before setting back home.
    The main reason I started this threat is because I just wanted some feedback on the whole idea. I am actually leaving on the trip in a couple of days and I just wondered if some of you could dispense some nuggets of advise on special things to see that are off the main tourist roads.
    I started a website so that my friends and family back home could track our trip. I plan to update the site as often as possible. Maybe you guys could take a look and leave some feedback! My site is: www.thetrip2004.com

Default Fun site!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I enjoyed the video. Be forewarned, if you're in an area with a lot of wind, your pop-up tent might not be very stable. I have a friend with one and she really needs to pick camping sites with lots of brush or trees to create a good windbreak or it really blows around!

I will be back to visit and hope to see Mr. Sleeping Bag at numerous scenic viewpoints along the way.

When going through South Dakota, don't miss Wall Drug or the Corn Palace!

You might check out www.roadsideamerica.com for some other tacky-tourist trap ideas! Lotsa fun stuff there.

Gabo Guest

Default Thanks!

Thank you very much for the post. We appreciate the suggestions and we especially appreciate the warning. I hope you enjoy the site. And hopefully we hear from you again. Thanks again --From Danny Cab and Gabo

Brett Dwyer Guest

Default Looks great!

Your site looks great and your trip is making me jealous. I did something similar with a couple of friends last year, but started on the other coast. :) You can see pics and logs from my trip here: www.destunknown.com.

A few places to check out that are on your route: When you are in San Antonio, make the trip up to Austin. You'll love 6th st. Lake Travis in Austin is one of the most beautiful spots in the country.

If you're a gambler, Tunica, MS is on the way and is worth a /short/ stop.

I'm not sure how much time you have in DC, but there is a lot to see here. You'll need at least one day just for the monuments and famous sights. If you have time, Great Falls, VA is very pretty this time of year. When you are ready to party, find your way to Adam's Morgan or Georgetown.

Philadelphia is on the way from DC to NY. Make a stop on South St for a cheesesteak, drive by the Rocky stairs and liberty bell at least.

I would make a stop in KC for BBQ. You have a million choices. My favorite is Fiorella's Jack Stack in Overland Park. There is also a K.C. Masterpiece at the same exit.

You're going to have a blast. Take lots of pictures.

5. Default Huh?

Did somebody say barbecue? Got MY attention!