imported_Dawn Guest

Default LEAVING SOON........ NEED IN-PUT PLEASE

My husband and I are leaving in 10 days for our first road trip. We are driving from Syracuse, NY and going to Nat'l. Parks in South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona. IF we have time, on our way home we want to go to San Antonio,New Orleans and Memphis. We know that Utah will be the "busiest" state, because of 4 Nat'l. Parks that are spread out. We have a month to take it all in. My question is: will we have enough time in a month to take in these states?? If not, we will stop at Arizona and come straight home from there and not see TX, LA and TN. Thanks for your help!

imported_Robert Guest

Default time

Yes, you would have time, but again, it depends on how much time you plan to spend in each park. Yellowstone is spectacular, and requires some time to see it. Don't just see the valley floor where everyone congregates. The park is huge, and there are some spots that not many tourists see. If you're a member of AAA, get a tour book of Wyoming with Yellowstone. Are you planning to see the Grand Canyon? As far as I'm concerned, see the North Rim. I think they still have the mule rides down into the Canyon. If they do, take it! Well worth your while.

I think you would have time. It depends on how much time you want to spend in each park. It would only take about 2-3 days to drive from N.Y. to S.D. From then, it's not bad. Plan on spending some time at the Grand Canyon. See the North Rim. I think it's more spectacular than the South Rim. The parks in Utah are also beautiful. I hope you have a great trip. I think it's wise to find a room early in the day, instead of driving until you're almost dead. This way, you'll be more refreshed the next day.

Have fun,

I hope you have a great trip.

Default A shame to rush!

You should figure 10 driving days for a reasonable transit period from NY to the West and back. That leaves 20-odd days for the national park explorations. Personally I think you could easily spend a month or two at each park and only barely scratch the surface.

My advice is to concentrate the time you have in the western states and save TX, LA and TN for your next road trip.

Mark

FRANCIS OPIE Guest

MY WIFE AND I WISH TO DRIVE FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SEATTLE AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE MOST IMPORTANT SIGHTS ON THE WAY.AS VISITORS TO THE USA WE WOULD LIKE TO GET A FEEL FOR PEOPLE AS WELL AS THE COUNTRY. WE HAVE ALLOWED 4 DAYS FOR THE TRIP

Default Most important?

It's hard to give you the most important sites as there are many good ones.

The Redwood Forest in Northern California, Crater Lake Southern Oregon, and Mount St. Helens in Southern Washington would be the highpoints on my list.